A note for myself about quotes I like. Now and Then.
The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care. ~ Hugh MacLeod
– We must be courageous but also reasonable. The world admires us for walking a tightrope without falling off. It asks us to keep our balance. ~ Lech Wałęsa
– The pleasure of all reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books. ~ Katherine Mansfield
– The story of a love is not important. What is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity. ~ Helen Hayes
– Where there’s a will, there’s a way. (My most favorite quote since secondary school).
– Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh.
– To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh.
– Tùy duyên là hoan hỷ chấp nhận những gì xảy ra trong hiện tại, tạm ngưng tranh đấu và bình thản chờ đợi nhân duyên thích hợp hội tụ. ~ Minh Niệm.
– I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying. ~ Charles Chaplin
– To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life. ~ Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
– Love me little, love me long (Càng thắm thì càng chóng phai, thoang thoảng hoa nhài càng đượm thơm lâu).
– We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection. ~ Dalai Lama
– A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms. ~ Sensei Ogui
– Nature is not mute, it is man who is deaf. ~ Terence McKenna.
– Sometimes beautiful things come into our lives out of nowhere. We can’t always understand them, but we have to trust in them. I know you want to question everything, but sometimes it pays to just have a little faith. ~ Lauren Kate.
– This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. ~ Horace Walpole.
– Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~ Benjamin Franklin.
– I am me and you are you. In the end, if we end up together, it’s beautiful. (Dirty Dancing film).
– Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you. (Dirty Dancing film).
– The man who acquires the ability to take full possession of his own mind may take possession of anything else to which he is justly entitled. ~ Andrew Carnegie.
– If I love you, what business is it of yours? ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
– One can have no smaller or greater mastery than mastery of oneself. ~ Leonardo da Vinci.
– If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart. ~ Nelson Mandela.
– The growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership. ~ Harvey S. Firestone.
– When springtime begins to raise, blessed is he, who is born under Libras balance. As judge he shall weigh the burdens of life and death; He will order the scales of his authority upon the world and make law. Cities and kingdoms will tremble before him, and be guided by his commandments alone, while after his stay upon earth, judgment in the heavens awaits for himself. ~ Marcus Manilius
To be continued…