Cái không chiếm được mới là cái tốt nhất. Cái tốt nhất nhưng đạt được không dễ dàng, đó mới là đáng quý trọng. Thiếu chút nữa có thể đạt được đến cuối cùng nhưng cuối cùng không đạt được, nhất định sẽ cả đời khắc cốt ghi tâm.
A note and reminder for self-encouragement.
- I vow to stay positive in the face of negativity;
- When I am surrounded by pessimism, I will choose optimism;
- When I feel fear, I will choose faith;
- When I want to hate, I will choose love;
- When I want to be bitter, I will choose to get better;
- When I experience a challenge, I will look for an opportunity to learn and grow;
- When I experience a setback, I will be resilient;
- When I meet failure, I will fail forward, toward future success;
- With vision, hope, and faith, I will never give up and will always move forward toward my destiny;
- I believe my best days are ahead of me, not behind me;
- I believe I’m here for a reason and my purpose is greater than my challenges;
- I believe that being positive not only makes me better, it make everyone around me better;
- So today and every day I will be positive and strive to make a positive impact on the world.
To light up my gloomy day…
You’re only human. You live once and life is wonderful, so eat the red velvet cupcake.
I literally like this quote because of my love for red velvet cupcake!
Confidence is the only key. I know a lot of people who aren’t traditionally ‘beautiful’ – not symmetrical or perfect-bodied or perfect-skinned. But none of that matters because all that shines through is their confidence, humor and comfort with themselves. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.
~ Emma Stone
I’ve been studying the thoughts of Buddhist teachers recently. It started like it usually does; I find one thing and then that leads to another and so on and so on. I think this particular find started with the Buddhist concept of “rapture.”
And so I read about rapture and then that leads to jhana and then that leads to right concentration and finally I ended up at the Access to Insight website. [link]
Access to Insight is a popular Theravada Buddhist website. Thervada is the oldest surviving school of Buddhism still in practice around the world.
I guess one could say the Theravada are like the professors (or clergy if you like) in Buddhism. The Access website was created for and is dedicated to, “providing accurate, reliable, and useful information concerning the practice and study of Theravada Buddhism, as it has been handed down to us through both the…
View original post 1,380 more words
Chờ em lớn, được không? – Diệp Lạc Vô Tâm
The highest realm of missing is not cleansing face by tears all spring, summer, autumn and winter, but always feeling his words in your bones, “take good care of yourself” … and “good luck”
Just learnt: the difference between complete and finished
When you marry the right woman, you are “complete”
If you marry the wrong woman, you are “finished”
Quote of our Alumni Association’s President
How’s about you? ;)
A note for myself about quotes I like. Now and Then.
The price of being a sheep is boredom. The price of being a wolf is loneliness. Choose one or the other with great care. ~ Hugh MacLeod
– We must be courageous but also reasonable. The world admires us for walking a tightrope without falling off. It asks us to keep our balance. ~ Lech Wałęsa
– The pleasure of all reading is doubled when one lives with another who shares the same books. ~ Katherine Mansfield
– The story of a love is not important. What is important is that one is capable of love. It is perhaps the only glimpse we are permitted of eternity. ~ Helen Hayes
– Where there’s a will, there’s a way. (My most favorite quote since secondary school).
– Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh.
– To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh.
– Tùy duyên là hoan hỷ chấp nhận những gì xảy ra trong hiện tại, tạm ngưng tranh đấu và bình thản chờ đợi nhân duyên thích hợp hội tụ. ~ Minh Niệm.
– I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying. ~ Charles Chaplin
– To lose balance sometimes for love is part of living a balanced life. ~ Elizabeth Gilbert (Eat, Pray, Love)
– Love me little, love me long (Càng thắm thì càng chóng phai, thoang thoảng hoa nhài càng đượm thơm lâu).
– We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection. ~ Dalai Lama
– A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it. It just blooms. ~ Sensei Ogui Continue reading